This cycle isn't all that different but I've been trying to keep track of all the pills I'm supposed to pop and when. Seriously? How do people ever keep it straight when it comes to more complicated stuff? I have my regular thyroid medicine, my estrogen (2 or 3 times a day depending on the week), the steroids/prednisone (anti-auto immune), the doxycycline, the PIO shots, plus low-dose aspirin that I decided to throw in on my own after reading and research. Oh and my prenatal vitamins...can't forget those. Luckily the steroids and doxy will only be with me for five days and two days respectively but still. It's become quite the list.
I will have my lining check ultrasound tomorrow and most likely the transfer will be a week from tomorrow. We traded out the sesame seed oil for olive oil and boy do I hope that does the trick with the progesterone shots. If I have hives and everything again I'm going to be one nervous lady. I don't want to be switching between medication to find one that works. So if the cycle works and the hives happen but my levels are fine I may just have to itch and deal.
I still don't have high hopes on this working. Maybe I'll feel a little more optimistic once they thaw and transfer is complete. I hope that we have at least a couple decent looking embryos but who knows. Logically I don't know if I really want to do another cycle but emotionally I don't know if I could let it go if this one doesn't work. We would only have one more shot after this. So yah I probably couldn't let go of that "last chance". I guess I shouldn't even look that far ahead and just focus on this one and the possibility of positive results. We have a few things working on our side this time. The biopsy that is supposed to increase chances of implantation and the prednisone that might be able to tell my immune system to "back the hell off" being the two biggest ones. If it weren't for that change in our protocol I'm not sure I'd give it any better hope than the last one. Nothing to do but pop pills, stab needles, keep going and wait it out.
6 comments:
Ohh the medications! Sounds like the exact same protocol that I was on. I've got high hopes for this cycle. So even when you are feeling low just know you've got a cyber sister cheering you on!
Thanks ks :) If it's similar to your protocol that worked for you then I'll have a little more hope ;) Thanks for the support too it means a lot.
It's so hard to drum up hope after the sorts of failures we in the infertility community have experienced. And you have had your share, dear woman.
All you can do is pop those pills, and do those injections, and reserve however small a space for hope. What comforted me during my treatment cycles when hope was running low was thinking that hope would not be the deciding factor, that it was all largely out of my hands.
That being said, I do hold a lot of hope for you, Michelle.
Thanks Augusta...and very true nothing I can do but the medication part and just keep a little hope that everything else will be as it should. Thanks for the kind and hopeful words.
Pulling for you!
Thanks Brenda :)
Post a Comment