Our Hands Are Full With Hearts To Match
Tuesday, January 28, 2014
Hives Are Back...
Well the hives are back. Not with vengeance as of yet but annoying still. We had a few bleeders in a row from the last couple shots. The shots from Saturday and Sunday left decent bruises and swelling around it. I thought maybe the bruise was causing me to itch but it would appear to be another hive. So fun! I was missing those guys. I looked up hive prevention and read that anytime that progesterone oil came in contact with skin that it could cause irritation. The person recommended cleaning the area again after a shot and putting a bandaid on, saying this fixed her hives. So I emailed our clinic with the problem and my plan. They said they would need to check my progesterone absorption and we could switch oils again if my efforts weren't helpful. We also left the needle in for a little bit after the injection was done (as the nurse recommended last time) and taking the needle out swiftly. Both seemed to help cause less blood and less oil leaking. I cleaned it with an alcohol swab and slapped a band aid on it. This morning I had no hive from that shot (yeah!!) but a nice red band aid mark after removal. Really universe? You can't give me a break. I'm just glad it seems to be a way to help with this issue and thought I'd share in case anyone else comes across this problem.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wait! I ordered the no hive 2ww for you. What happened with my order?
I'm so sorry that the hives are back, and hopeful that the new techniques can help reduce the skin irritation.
HAHA I thought I ordered that too Augusta. Luckily the new method and cleaning it off has seemed to stop the hives. Wish I would have known this with the last round.
Post a Comment