*warning: I may sound like an ungrateful infertile lady here but don't want to censor what I think either*
Why do the fertile find it necessary to tell the infertile about it? Okay no I don't want to say you have to pick and choose your topics of conversation around me. But really? I have a friend that has two kids already and apparently went through an ectopic pregnancy recently. She proceeded to tell me about it online through chat. I felt like I was talked down to (i.e. "ectopic is a tubal pregnancy in case you didn't know") and then she treated it like it was a full blown miscarriage (she hadn't even gotten a positive pregnancy test). She wasn't even far along enough for it to damage her tubes, which is what I thought all the fuss and drama was about. I would've actually felt she had the right to feel how she did and felt more sorry for her if she'd lost a tube. But I'm sorry...call me a self-centered biotch...but an ectopic pregnancy that isn't even far enough along to damage a tube doesn't even cross the line I would draw for it being a baby yet. Which is how she treated it..."they had to take the baby" and as if her hormones were out of whack and she had "baby blues" because of this. I don't know. I guess I should be grateful I don't have to worry about having a tubal or a miscarriage (most likely) but dang gina can we lay off the dramatics for this kind of thing when you're telling a friend that you very well know can never have a kid on her own. It's not the end of the world. And yes you are as you say "young and still want more kids" but you know what (even though I have two beautiful girls now)...maybe I did too or would like to at least feel it was my choice.
No comments:
Post a Comment