Weight: No official measurements until Tuesday (May 3rd). I haven't done an estimated guess yet...maybe 12 or 13 lbs I'm guessing. We'll see.
Eating: They eat about 5 oz (sometimes 6 oz) every 3 hours. Usually 6 ounces only happens when they go closer to 4 hours. They have tasted rice cereal and both seem to like it but it's not an everyday thing. I was mostly interested to see if it would help them go longer between meals (ie hopefully sleep longer).
Favorite Things: Each other. They are pretty aware of each other these days. When I lay them out in the morning after their breakfast for diaper and clothes changing they turn their heads toward each other and smile and coo at each other. Seren especially is happy to look at Kendall and breaks out her big smiles and "gab" for her. Mom and Dad are still in the running I suppose too. Kendall loves her dad. She gets so excited (wiggly) when he comes home. She always has big smiles for him and loves him to hold and play with her.
They still like sleeping, walks (they stay awake more now for these), going to the store, family dinners, visitors, etc. They are starting to think it's fun when I tickle them or "eat" their tummies. Seren was getting a kick out of this the other day.
Dislikes: Being hungry and pooping.
Their Accomplishments: They both do well at tummy time. Both of them lift their heads and some of their chest really well. They are more stable with their heads when we hold them and sit them up. They are smiling more frequently. Kendall rolled over tummy-to-back on her own. She continues to do so occasionally and seems ambitious to try and roll over back-to-front also but hasn't accomplished it. Seren has yet to roll over but is doing better on tummy time. She still would rather lay her head down and watch Kendall do it (while smiling and "cheering" her on with coos of course).
Our Accomplishments: I'm becoming more fearless at taking them out on my own. I take advantage of the snap-and-go stroller for stores that have small carts now. We take them out when we need to but still not "just for fun". Have yet to go out to dinner anywhere with them.
Sleep: Bedtime routine is still going. We don't bathe them every night now though. Kendall has gone down without a binkie the last two nights in a row (she is addicted to that thing for bed and naptime but can't hold it in so we were playing the "binkie game" every night). They still have yet to sleep through the night. I think one of them would have but the other will wake up crying and not go back down. Kendall woke up once at 4:30 am though (2 hours after eating) and we got her to go back to sleep with a binkie until 7 am which was nice. The longest stretch they've had is 7 hours (9 pm to 4 am).
3 comments:
Awww, sleep! A 7 hour stretch is good though...as long as you sleep during that 7 hours! :) Can't wait to see photos!
Michelle, I love your baby girls and they are not even mine! They are so adorable, how could anyone not love them! So precious! You are one lucky mom and they are lucky to have you as a mom.
Oh you are so sweet Hope. Thank you.
Post a Comment