Our Hands Are Full With Hearts To Match

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

30 and counting....

I turned 30 today. I can't say it was a depressing birthday. I feel like I'm at a good place in life and although I'm not as accomplished as I would like to be I think I'm getting there (hopefully). It still doesn't feel like a birthday though...I guess they start just seeming like any other day. Some of that I think has to do with the fact my parents are out of state and I'm used to being able to celebrate with them and some of it I'm sure is just based on the fact I've had so many now :) haha

We celebrated with Jeff's family on Sunday and most of Jeff's family chipped in on money for a glider or rocker (I'm thinking of going with a lazy boy type chair). Jeff and I went to dinner last night due to the fact I have class tonight and he's taking me for a Blondie tonight after class. My parents sent me a card and some birthday money. They also sent some baby clothes (unrelated to my birthday) and some more money for baby things. I feel so overwhelmed by their generosity.

It will be amazing to see the changes that will happen in my life before my next birthday though. A cute coworker commented to me today that by my next birthday I will have two little ones crawling under my feet. Wow! So unbelievable to me still. Here is to "my next 30 years" (as Tim McGraw sings).

1 comment:

Hope said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Michelle! Sounds like a great birthday--your birthday presents are still growing inside you! :)