Well here is Tuesday's result:
Our Hands Are Full With Hearts To Match
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
I admit it...
I am weak. Okay and I was finding myself upset and distressed earlier this week. So why can't I just woman up and wait it out. Well...I can't. Jeff and I agreed that I would take a home pregnancy test on Thursday or Friday. From what I read online this was a safe time frame. But I also read that it was a slim possibility to get a positive 5 days after transfer (Monday). So I decided to take one on Monday and told myself it wouldn't mean anything if it was negative. I woke up early that morning to Thor having a breathing attack (scared me to death) and after making sure he was okay snuck upstairs to have a date with my last HPT stick (the one I swore I wouldn't use unless there was a real chance). I forgot about the waiting time of three minutes and the initial time I looked at it there was nothing and I was a little upset but said it was okay and I would just try again another day. Then as I was standing there in the bathroom pumping myself up I looked at it again and saw the faintest of lines. Not where I imagined a line to appear in the tests I had taken before. After a minute it was more definite but still very light and I thought "huh...okay so that's where it's supposed to show up". Then I was excited and happy...false positives don't usually happen although it could still be chemical. I didn't want to tell Jeff when the result was so faint and not really sure. So I crawled back in bed and determined I would test again Tuesday morning and if that was darker I would tell him.
I am definitely pregnant (at least for now). It still seems so unreal and hasn't sunk in. I brought the stick downstairs while Jeff was getting ready for work and told him I had a surprise for him and to close his eyes. He did and I put the test out in front of them and told him to open his eyes and announced I was pregnant. He was excited but we were both still in disbelief I think. We are so grateful that it seems to have worked the first time but we're also holding out for some beta results on Monday and hopefully an ultrasound after that. It has definitely got the gears in my head going though about things I've tried to stop thinking about: nursery, crib(s), how and when to tell family/friends and hoping to see our baby(ies) heartbeat(s) and all that. Here's hoping for an awesome beta on Monday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment