Our Hands Are Full With Hearts To Match

Friday, August 22, 2014

Update: 33 weeks

Baby update:  Baby boy is still doing really well.  Still head down with face towards my back bone.  So his little bum is probably what keeps poking out the front making me uncomfortable.  He is estimated to weigh 5.5 lbs now (more then Seren weighed at birth and almost what Kendall weighed).  We didn't get a guess on birth weight but supposedly he'll gain 1/2 lb per week until then so around 8 lbs or so.  Also his head measured about 35 weeks so that wasn't great news to me haha.   

Cravings:  Sugar...my usual weakness.  I'm trying to be better.  I love fruit and milk and peanut butter sandwiches too.

Weight Gain:  about 12 lbs up from pre-pregnancy weight. 

Movement / Symptoms:  His boney and bumpy parts are starting to poke out more, sometimes not so comfortably but still very cool.  I have tried to get the girls to feel him when his bum or such are sticking out and they say they do but not sure.  They love it and get excited though.  

Day to Day:  I hate bending over and I don't think little man likes it when I do either haha  The girls have gotten good at cleaning up their toys and are super nice to help hand me things on the floor if I ask.  The general painting in the house has continued a little though I have a definite stopping point in mind.  I still want to paint his room so maybe that'll be next.  

Baby Prep:  Super Mario nursery decor.  I actually cut up a little fabric and gave it some thought yesterday.  I bought some fabric and ribbon to work on it also.  Of course I took a really short nap during this also :) haha

The Girls:  They are doing great.  They talk about baby brother getting here and holding him.  Seren wants him to come next week and was not happy to hear it will be a little longer than that.  We were asking them what we should name him and it turned into a big giggle as they kept saying "I have a great name for baby brother...knife" and they'd giggle and then the other would repeat the same statement and "name" of knife.  They were having a great time.  They argue about who will hold him first. I hope the excitement doesn't wear off too quickly though I'm sure it will.  We have play group once a week and they love that.  They love going to Sunday dinners at Jeff's parents where they play with cousins and wear themselves out.  

Looking forward to:  Getting some nursery stuff made.  Maybe painting.  I started packing a hospital bag with a few things...definitely no where near done.  Need to do some pre-hospital shopping for the house before he comes home too.  Lots to do and I just haven't stressed about it this time so the list isn't really done haha  Oh boy!  Figuring out a name haha...it's still a discussion and undecided.

Next visit:  Sept 4th and Sept 18th.

Little man didn't cooperate for a picture so here's one of him from the outside

No comments: