Our Hands Are Full With Hearts To Match

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

First ultrasound and 7 weeks

We had our first ultrasound today so I thought I'd give a short update.  Everything went well and we are happy/excited with the result.  I tweaked a nerve in my back though so I've been ultra lazy today trying to get it to feel better.

Head count: 1 little beaner stuck... We are so relieved.  We would have worked it out with two but one is less daunting for sure.

Notes from appointment: Beaner has a heartbeat of 167 BPM.  Measuring 7 week 1 day.  I'll try to upload a picture later

Cravings:  Crispy chicken burrito (cream cheese, green chilis, chicken....mmmmm good), fries, potato chips; not a good start to a pattern of cravings if you ask me.

Symptoms:  I don't think I'm going to luck out on this one (I had no real ick with the girls).  I have been increasingly feeling nausea here and there since last week.  I mostly get nauseous at night or when I'm hungry.

Next visit:  March 4th with our regular ob/gyn

5 comments:

Augusta said...

AMAZING news! YEAH!
relieved with you that there is only one, although I know you would have embraced another set of twins.
I hope your back feels better soon.

Unknown said...

Great news!! Congrats!

ks said...

Fantastic News! And what a good strong heartbeat! I hope the nausea stays as just that, nausea, and doesn't lead to the actually evacuation of. Lol!

Oh boy! What a ride you are in for! What a glorious, busy, awesome ride! I'm so excited for you!

All my best!

Michelle D said...

Yes we would've embraced two as well. The RE intern that did the scan with our doctor there almost sounded like she was breaking bad news to us when she said she just saw one. We were relieved.
I'm hoping the nausea stays inside also. If it stays at this level I'll count myself lucky.

Unknown said...

Wahoo! So happy for you! Congratulations!