This has been my question lately. I am so happy and content with our girls. But I wonder if we move on with donating our remaining embryos if I will regret it later. I love the idea of another baby and I love the idea of a sibling for the girls beyond each other. But I also love the equilibrium we have with the girls. Even odds definitely has its benefits when parenting.
Every day is a different answer for me. Yep it's settled...I want another kid. The next day (usually after tantrums and poor parenting)...are you kidding me, I can barely handle the two we have. And it just keeps on this revolving path. No for sure answer. Generally speaking I do feel better in my gut as to leaning towards another shot. But still not sure enough to actually decide.
I don't know how people ever decide. Going from one child to two would be a relatively easy answer for me (if that were the case and a second were possible)...the only child idea is lack luster for me. But we have two and they are a far cry from ever being lonely. I don't think they've ever been without each other for more than a few hours. How do those with two happy kids make the leap to have a third?
I can so relate to New Normal's post today about listening to your heart over your head. Sometimes I feel like I can't even tell which one is logic and which one is emotion. But my heart and head are very distinct in their worries and answers. Why do we need another child when we have two of the greatest right here? Why not add another if it feels like the right thing to do? What if it throws off our groove and things don't have that balance again? What if we regret it later when the choice is no longer possible to make? What if this other child feels lost in the shuffle of two parents together and twin sisters together and then them? When you can so easily picture another child in the family does that mean one will be "missing" if it doesn't happen?
Ughhh...I wish there was a firm answer. So far there isn't though.
1 comment:
We are definitely in the same boat...I am going to wait to do anything with our embryos until I am well past any possible age that I might conceivably want to conceive.
Post a Comment