I don't know if I mentioned in my development post but Kendall calls Seren "Dobbie" for now. I had no idea what "Dobbie" was or what Kendall meant but she kept saying. Finally Seren said to me "Dobbie...me" pointing to herself and Kendall says "yeah!" in this 'duh mom' sort of tone. Too funny.
Kendall was trying to get her shoes on a while back and starts saying "Help me Dobbie. Dobbie! Dobbie help me" in broken record fashion. Seren finally goes over to help her and the two of them work on it for a minute and then Kendall sighs "Mommy! Help me mommy!"
Both girls love to help with whatever is going on as well. You unload the dishwasher, they want to dry and hand you dishes (unbreakables of course). We were putting together a Little Tykes playground set this morning and they were right there trying to grab screws and screwdrivers (and of course eager to jump on it). I also was distressing a dresser I painted for our room and they both wanted in on that with "Help. I wanna help...I wanna help".
Kendall recently we think is even surpassing Seren with her vocabulary. She learns new words all the time and is beginning to pick up on her letters and colors as well. She is so excited about the words that she learns...poop, sorry, apple, etc. We taught them both to say "apple...it's goooood" (from Enchanted) and Kendall loves to do this now and get the giggles out of us. Both are doing great with language.
We recently put our swings back up now that the snow has melted and they love it. We have a large swing set (left with the house) and the large little tyke climber / slide (which I'm so grateful for after last year's broken leg). Seren still has no fear though silly girl.
I was swinging with Seren in one of the swings a couple days ago and told her we should do "the spider" (where she would sit on my lap facing me). I asked if she knew how to do the spider and she got excited and said "yes" and started singing and doing the hand motions to Itsy Bitsy Spider...so adorable.
Then we were asking them later that night who they loved and we asked Seren who she loved the most and she says "me" (good girl) and then we asked who she loved next most. She thought for a second and said "bananas" and then who...thinking again "mommy". So yep I'm right up there with bananas.
It is so fun to listen to their language and personalities develop more and more.
No comments:
Post a Comment