Well the night ended with Kendall having a 104* fever and a trip to the KidsCare (after hours clinic) by our house. We were lucky and our pediatrician happened to be the one on-call. Unfortunately nothing could be determined for reason of fever...no congestion, no ear infections, no rashes or smelly urine. I gave her some infant ibuprofen as soon as I saw the spike in temperature. That seemed to bring it down and by the time we were seen she was sitting at 99.5* or so. But with no information on what is causing it...besides a possible flu bug our doctor has seen floating around and a possible viral infection (that should cause a rash and then send her on her way to getting better) we are at a loss. We just keep an eye on her and keep giving her ibuprofen and if it keeps up for another 48 hours then we bring her back in. Stink. I hate worrying so much over her but what else is there to do at this point.
Update: Kendall's fever has been consistently down since this morning. I hope this means she's on the mend. And I hope Seren doesn't follow suit.
No comments:
Post a Comment