Our Hands Are Full With Hearts To Match

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Headache...

I have had a headache since Friday afternoon. It has made getting things done around the house (cleaning, organizing, etc) and things for the girls (bumpers, laundry/organizing, etc) come to a grinding halt. It is annoying me in that way and just causing pain in general the other way.

It started out mild on Friday and I slept for a few hours and it seemed to go away. It was back later that night though and worse. I slept little that night and tried various methods (heating pad, hot shower, sleeping, etc) to get rid of it but it stuck around. By Saturday morning I decided to take a tylenol and see if that helped...it didn't. I resorted to staying downstairs in the dark, mostly lying down for that day. Saturday night came and it was worse. I had taken a couple of tylenol and they didn't seem to help but I gave it one more shot. This time it seemed to make things worse and I ended up throwing up. I tried to sleep but didn't get much rest. Jeff had asked me if I wanted to go to the doctor and I stubbornly said no. By Sunday morning though with no relief he basically told me to get dressed and we were going to Instacare. I agreed. The doctor there was nice (I was worried I'd be made fun of for going to the doctor for a headache) but didn't have much to offer. He prescribed a sleeping pill and felt if we could knock me out it might help with the headache. He also said I could increase the tylenol dose I was taking and see if that helped. We went home and I took an extra tylenol pill and it seemed to do the trick and Jeff and I slept for a few hours. Once again I took to the couch or bed in darkness for the day though with occasional tylenol relief.

Well it is Tuesday now and I still have a headache. It's not as bad as it was on Saturday I suppose but maybe that's because I've learned to cope or work around it (ie I've seen very few lights for the last five days...I feel like a vampire). I have been cutting back on the tylenol and hoping my body will do it's own thing. I haven't taken any in 14 hours and I consider that an accomplishment (especially since I really really want to sometimes) but I'm worried about the girls despite the doctor saying it would be okay. I will probably call Dr B's office today and see if there's anything else I can do. I've asked him about painkillers before so I don't feel out of line with tylenol but I am worried that with my head pounding that I haven't been much of an eater either and that the girls won't have gained weight this week. I really want them to put some weight on but I don't think or imagine they have. Anyway hoping like crazy that this headache will leave me soon.

No comments: