Our Hands Are Full With Hearts To Match

Friday, December 3, 2010

34 weeks

How far along? 34 weeks 1 day

Symptoms: swollen feet and ankles but not bad, tired more and harder to move around

Stretch marks? crossing fingers that they don't happen still

Weight Gain: I'm guessing around 24 or 25 lbs...I feel like I should be gaining more but I have a hard time eating when I'm not even hungry.

Sleep? well after three nights of not sleeping good I finally slept really good last night to make up for it.

Best moment this week? I've started washing clothes and organizing the nursery and sewing more bumper pads (hopefully finish a set of them today) so that has been nice to get going on.

Movement? I did some video of the girls moving (okay mainly the left one...the right one usually moves more at night and during the day I can feel her in my ribs but can't really see it). I was sitting there after (without the camera on...dang) and the left one made a huge roll with a knee or elbow and it jutted out like crazy. First time seeing a BIG movement like that. Definitely getting crowded in there I guess.

Food Cravings? new one this week was a slurpee. I saw a couple of people with them last night and they looked yummy. Of course when Jeff and I stopped on the way home the 7-11 we went to only had banana flavor frozen :P yuck...so maybe I'll find one today among other errands.

Gender? baby girls

What I miss? Nothing compared to where I am

What I'm looking forward to? at this point probably just finally meeting the girls and having them home.

What I will miss? feeling and seeing them move. Knowing I can protect them now. We were watching Chronicles of Sarah Connor on Netflix and their landlord was pregnant and talking about how she can protect her son from rejection, bullies and heartache for now but that it wouldn't be long before those things could happen. It made me kind of sad to think of all the tough things that could happen to them and the limited power you can have as a parent at times to protect them.

Milestones: 4 weeks maximum left and honestly probably less. Wrapping up loose ends and contemplating putting a hospital bag together at this point just in case.

Belly Button: it is more of an outtie now

*Baby B (again) looking cute and more chubby...Baby A was still head down and wouldn't pose for the camera*

As for the appointment. All went well. The girls were both measuring in at 4 lb 12 oz which Dr B says is in range for twins (I'm still going to work on eating more). Baby A is head down still and pointed in the right direction for delivery (I love that Dr B talks with no hesitation for a regular birth happening) and Baby B is still head up. Both good heart rates and my cervix is still great with no sign of doing anything. Just "icing the cake" now Dr B says...as in the girls would be fine if they were born now so just getting the lungs and other little things 100% ready to go.

*34 week side shot*
*34 week front shot*

1 comment:

Hope said...

You look great! (I'm so jealous of your height!) That's how big I looked with one!