Jeff and I don't feel bad or guilty about the decisions we made. We thought about it and talked about all the different angles of donor egg IVF versus adoption for months and months and had two years to really decide for sure when you think about it. We wouldn't change a thing about where we are now or how we got here. We know and believe these are the children we are meant to have and we're so excited to have them here.
And I guess you really can't say what the exact opinion or advice we would get would be without asking a church leader (bishop or stake president or something). Still it is hard for me to put two and two together. Jeff and I have been going back to church and attending sacrament meetings most Sundays unless I have to work. We've talked about having the baby blessings for the girls and I wonder about who will bless them, whether Jeff would be allowed to because of our prior inactivity, etc. I don't know how to feel about it all. I want the girls to be involved with church and I want us to be involved with church more but I feel like there is this internal conflict due to all of this. After all, how do you resolve something that possibly means involving your children with a church that "discourages" or doesn't agree with how they were created?
No comments:
Post a Comment