Our Hands Are Full With Hearts To Match

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Early leave...

Well I have basically been put into early maternity leave. Everything is fine medically, it's not by doctor's order but it's not by my choice either. I still have this week and next left with my retail job. I gave notice there due to not wanting to work through the busy holidays and also getting more uncomfortable with all the bending and stooping that is pretty much required there. But I was planning to work my on-call medical records job until mid-December because it's in the morning and only part-time. Unfortunately my plan did not go along with their plan I guess. They have been over budget for a while and had to cut back on PRN/on-call hours. So I am strictly on-call now and shouldn't plan to come in unless I am called (which they don't expect much of either). They said they hope to have more hours when I'm ready to return or if nothing else I'm sure they would give me a wonderful reference. They also threw a wonderful surprise baby shower for me the last day there.

So now in less than two weeks I will pretty much be on "leave". I don't like the idea of it honestly. I think I will go a little stir crazy. It also cuts into the money that I had planned to use for Christmas shopping and basically be "extra" for us. Jeff is fine with it and says it's probably better for the girls and me to keep them going. I agree that it won't hurt to kick my feet up a little and push for these kiddos to make full-term so I'll keep that in mind and as the goal. I also have little things to work on still...finishing my school work, exchanging some duplicate baby stuff we've gotten with showers, finishing crib bedding, Christmas shopping and decorating for Christmas (I'm pretty excited about that this year). So all in all I'm sure I will find ways to keep stir-crazy at bay.

2 comments:

Hope said...

I think it's great that you can kick up your feet and relax for the holidays! :) Being well-rested and ready for the babies is what you and the girls need...once they arrive, you'll be happy to have had this free time for yourself and your health. I always say God works in mysterious ways. So, do you have any names picked out yet???

Michelle D said...

Thanks Hope :) It's definitely probably true. It is a blessing in disguise. We do have two names picked out that we really like, Kendall and Seren, so just waiting to see if they stick.