Our Hands Are Full With Hearts To Match

Thursday, April 22, 2010

First shot...

This morning we did our first PIO shot. After watching a few videos on youtube and getting instructions from Nurse G this wasn't too bad. I was glad that Jeff was in charge of the sticking and not me though. We decided to do them in the morning as we don't want to worry about injecting me during a night out with friends or other activities. Preparing the shot was the hardest part as the oil is difficult to draw out. But the actual shot wasn't bad. I was expecting Jeff to hesitate more but he just asked if I was ready and then did the shot right after. I can't say I look forward to many more shots but I'm kind of hoping for a couple more months of this (if it works most REs have you do PIO until 10 or 12 weeks pregnant). Here's to 10 more weeks and 70 more shots...yeah! How do you get excited over that...well try being in IF shoes and you will understand :)
*a picture of our new morning routine...needle is 1 1/2" and 22 gauge :P

Also we are told the donor is doing well and responding beautifully. Someone from UCRM called me yesterday (she was pleasant and exciting to talk to)...she was very positive about the donor and how she looked and wished us luck. They do retrieval tomorrow and then hopefully we'll know more later that day. I don't really expect to know a lot until Monday though. Here's hoping though.

No comments: