I have little to really truly complain about despite that I do complain. I suppose I've been thinking this due to amount of complaining that I read on infertility boards that I belong to. I already feel or know that I can't change my situation so why be bitter or begrudge people who aren't faced with infertility. Yes I still hold ill feelings toward the women who abuse or neglect their children and I even have moments when I think that parents who have their kids repeatedly taken away and parental right terminated should be sterilized. Perhaps that is another part of the reason why I am quitting my job (I work child protective services and see the worst of parents). But in the end complaining doesn't solve my situation. The only thing that solves my situation is to make the best of it. That's what we're doing. Jeff and I make the best of what we have and I think we do a fine job of it. I am grateful for a strong marriage and a good husband.
I don't enjoy reading or hearing of how women with infertility feel it's injustice that a unmarried girl got pregnant or a woman with one child already that can't keep an immaculate house doesn't deserve to have another. These women didn't get pregnant to spite you. It's just how the cards fell. I'm sure there are many things that we just don't understand in this life. But I really don't think that focusing on another's blessings will help us to realize our own. To realize our own blessings we have to keep our focus inward and our faith upward. I hope that I can do that.
No comments:
Post a Comment