Our Hands Are Full With Hearts To Match

Friday, June 13, 2014

Anatomy Scan...23 weeks 1 day

Baby update:  Baby boy was doing well.  He is very much decidedly not a mover and shaker (at least for appointments).  The tech measured what she needed to and everything looks good and is on target.  Little man is approximately 1.5 lbs right now and had a heart rate of 154 bpm.  He was pretty stubborn in showing his face...in fact didn't really show it enough for the anatomy scan to be complete but the tech didn't seem all that worried (or super friendly for that matter haha).  She made a note about not being able to measure or visualize the face well and said Dr B could follow up with this if he wanted to.  My ob/gyn has my due date for October 7th and since everything keeps measuring accurate for this I've decided to adopt it over my October 9th given by UCRM's office.

Cravings:  Salads and sandwiches.  Sweets (unfortunately).  Chinese...I have yet to enjoy some good crab/cream cheese wontons.  I figure the crab is imitation so therefore probably safe.

Weight Gain:  4 lbs up from pre-pregnancy weight.

Movement / Symptoms:  Feeling more movement and typically every day, usually around my bladder.  I think the anterior placenta has kept things pretty quiet on this front so far.

Day to Day:  Definitely feeling better and more energy.  We went to Zions National Park and enjoyed some nature walks/hikes.  It was nice to have our girls in tow as I was able to go at a slow pace.  I'm not in great shape and probably even slower with pregnancy.  Hoping to get some cleaning and organizing going before I get to the uncomfortable stage again.

Baby Prep:  Super Mario nursery decor although I haven't started on this still.

The Girls:  They are doing well and loving summer.  They loved staying at the condo for Zion and going hiking and swimming.  We're going to head to a movie in the park with them tonight.

Looking forward to:  An actual 3D scan where we can baby boy's face haha  We haven't really had any great u/s pictures with this pregnancy so far.  Maybe they try harder to give you some cute pictures with your first pregnancy or maybe he really is this stubborn.  Anyway hoping to see a cute chubby cheeked picture in the next bit.

Next visit:  July 10th glucose test and appointment.

No comments: