Our Hands Are Full With Hearts To Match

Friday, April 25, 2014

Update: 16 weeks

Baby update:  I am feeling more bloated and not as comfortable in my regular pants and it's not so comfortable to pull my knee up to my chest when I sit on the couch or at the computer.  Those are my indicators of growth because I still don't really see a big difference with a baby bump or such.  Also my bras are starting to not fit so well again...seriously?  So annoying and I already hated bra shopping.

Cookie Tossing Count:  This is pretty much gone.

Cravings:  I don't really find myself wanting to eat anything particular.  Sometimes I have no desire to eat.  I love milk.  Also we went to Zupas last night and I got the mushroom soup and chicken chop salad...the mushroom soup always hits the spot even in non-pregnant times.

Symptoms:  Just more bloat feeling and annoying enlarged breasts.  No real weight gain yet still.  I still think this is a balance of gaining baby weight but losing some with hormones in being in balance.

Movement:  I don't think so yet.  Occasionally I'll feel very small twinge type stuff where I think it would be but nothing convincing yet.

Day to Day:  Energy is starting to come back.  I tried to clean house yesterday.  Managed to shift some things around in the spare bedroom/nursery.  We're moving our make-shift office into our bedroom until further notice (blah! but it may be a while as the basement will need finishing before it can really go anywhere else).

The Girls:  Kendall and Seren are adorable.  They make small mentions of "baby brother" on their own now...like when they see me taking my vitamins or see other babies.  They are so fun and smart and sassy.  Seren loves to say "you silly" now when she corrects your or tells you what to do.  Kendall still loves to raise her voice and say "right now!" when asking for something, which just gets chuckles from us (occasionally time outs when she goes overboard).  Kendall is still a very tender heart.  We bought twin by twin bunk beds for them recently but haven't fully put them together yet.

Next appointment:  May 1st.

1 comment:

Cam said...

Wow so exciting and 16 weeks already!!! So happy for you and the new miracle coming soon :) yayayayaya!