Our Hands Are Full With Hearts To Match

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Update: 9 weeks

Baby update:  growth is on target or a day or so ahead.  My ob initially bumped up my due date to October 6th but we agreed it's somewhere in Oct 6th to Oct 9th range since it was via IVF and hard to get original dates wrong.  Heartbeat was going strong still.  I was told we might be able to find out the gender next visit (April 1st) but I kind of think that it would still be majority guessing.

Cookie Tossing Count:  1 time.  I tried to swallow my two prenatals, calcium pill and little estrogen pill in one shot.  I failed and caused a gag reflex and the rest is history.   I've been nauseous at night but have been making it through with food, water and breathing.  I also took up "smiling like a maniac" as recommended by Mike Rowe on Dirty Jobs (Season 8 episode 3 on NetFlix if you feel like a laugh and a little grossing out too).  Anyway you fake a huge smile with all your teeth...surprisingly it kind of works.

Notes from appointment:  I have a week left of shots (well whenever the vial runs out) and Dr B think this will be plenty sufficient as he called it a "good strong implantation".  We started a DVD for this kiddo, their office records all the ultrasounds on a DVD for you to keep (love that part).  We were decently far along when we started here with the girls so their DVD is hard to discern much out of...jumble of legs and arms

Cravings:  Ramen, salad, potato chips, chocolate muffins and a Quiznos sub (pretty much a lot of the same food I craved with the girls).

Symptoms:  Evening nausea (sometimes afternoon).  Stretchy pain which I guess Dr B said is more common with second pregnancy.

Next visit:  April 1st.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great update!

Augusta said...

Oh! So exciting! Look at that little peanut!
I hope that will be the one and only cookie tossing incident.
Mmmm chocolate muffins.