Our Hands Are Full With Hearts To Match

Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Calm...

I have had a mostly beautiful and calm day.  I think some of it is due to some things that have been stressing me out recently finally feeling at ease.  I have felt anxious and worrisome about finances and baby possibilities (or lack thereof; ie our frosties) and just general stress with the two huge blessings that I do have.  I have felt like a bad mother, an ungrateful wife and a stinker of a person in the last couple weeks.  But after a brief cry with the hubby and some guilt over stress being hopefully resolved last night I woke up with a calm today.  A gratitude for my blessings and finally the non-urgency to figure out all the questions in my life right this minute.

It is fast approaching Christmas and by golly I want to enjoy every minute and moment of special with my girls and family.  I hope the positive feeling sticks around...heaven knows the holidays are stressful.  But for now I am very happy with my family of four and feel like I should show more gratitude for that blessing.  Not even three years ago I wasn't certain that I would ever be blessed with a child and here I am today blessed with two girls who are more than I ever wanted (sometimes more than I think I can handle with all their spunk and personality).  They are what is important in the here and now and the forever.  I write this so that in stressful days when this calm isn't as easy to find that I can remember.


1 comment:

Augusta said...

What a lovely reminder to yourself. It's hard to feel grateful 24/7, and life does wrap us up in little cyclones of stress. Don't be too hard on yourself about it :)
Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas.
Thank you for all the support you have given me this year, lovely woman.