Height/Weight: Approx. 30" long (Seren is 1/4" longer than Kendall according to my measurement). They are close to 20 lbs...Seren is probably about 19 lbs and Kendall is about 18 lbs. Seren eats more and finishes most of her meals so she is noticeably a little bigger. I think they had a height growth spurt recently as I've been taking anything less than 12 months out of their wardrobe and even some 12 month clothes aren't fitting.
Eating: 6 oz of formula 3 times a days with 4+ ounces of solids and then a bottle at bed (4-6 ounces) and two snack times. Lots more finger food then spoon fed food now. I am basically emptying out the freezer of baby food ice cubes. I need to start making new recipes and filling it up with those. Getting ready to wean off the bottle and a little nervous about it.
Eating: 6 oz of formula 3 times a days with 4+ ounces of solids and then a bottle at bed (4-6 ounces) and two snack times. Lots more finger food then spoon fed food now. I am basically emptying out the freezer of baby food ice cubes. I need to start making new recipes and filling it up with those. Getting ready to wean off the bottle and a little nervous about it.
Foods They Like: They seem to be getting a little more picky but still like most stuff. Kendall loves pasta and tomato sauce (Seren won't eat this). They like quesadillas, turkey hot dogs, cheese, pasta with parmesan, apples, bananas, broccoli, yams, beans, etc. I gave them some homemade gingerbread a few days ago and they love them.
Foods They Don't: strawberry cereal puffs, they are getting sick of cheerios, cheddar puffs (Parents Choice brand...can't blame them we think these are gross too).
Favorite Things: They still love each other (more and more). They had a blast with Grandma and Grandpa B while they were at our house for a week and during their holiday visit. They love to go to Jeff's parents house for Sunday dinners as well. They are more interested in crawling off and exploring and trying to play with the big kids. They love taking baths. They both love to cuddle more now (I hope this isn't a short phase) but they crawl up to us when we're on the floor and lay their heads on us or give us kisses. They love to be tickled on the ribs and to have raspberries blown on their tummies. Seren is also very ticklish on her feet.
Dislikes: Being hungry and tired. Getting into trouble or being told "no". Having things taken away from them (all the little crumbs, threads, leaves, paper, etc that they somehow seem to find even when I think I cleaned up well). Teething is probably a dislike although it doesn't seem to bother either of them too much.
Their Accomplishments: They both stand independent pretty well now. They get excited about it and lose their balance and fall back down. They climb up stairs (supervised of course). They shuffle more. They get into everything (I'm sure this is good development but man it keeps me on my toes). They seem to be understanding language more (ie "hug", "give me a kiss", "soft/gentle", "share" and of course "no" still brings on tears or sometimes laughter in Seren's case when she thinks it's a game). They are so interactive with each other and I can't wait to see this grow. They love to love on each other. Seren especially loves to crawl up to Kendall and kiss her on the head or cheek or sometimes whatever she can get next to. Kendall loves to cuddle and if I'm laying on the carpet she will come over and lay her head on me or my arm and snuggle.
Teeth: Kendall has her two bottom teeth. Seren has her two bottom and two top.
Teeth: Kendall has her two bottom teeth. Seren has her two bottom and two top.
Our Accomplishments: Still on a great schedule generally. We make a great team. I am always so grateful that Jeff is willing to put in the work to take care of them as well.
Sleep: Same bedtime routine and works like a charm (especially when a bath is included). They sleep between 11-12 hours at night. Nap twice a day still...2 hours and then second nap is 45 minutes to an hour.
Looking forward to: Looking forward to more mobility but also scared of two toddlers running around. More freedom with food (although having more freedom now I'm realizing this will just mean more work in preparing meals; no more freezer cubed baby food). Looking forward to warm weather and getting them outside more again.
3 comments:
I love hearing how much they sleep! I hear a lot of horror stories from other people so it's nice to hear not everyone spends the first 5 years sleep-deprived. I also think it's so sweet how much they love each other! Good luck when they start walking!
The loving each other is soooo cute - can't wait to see this with my boy girl twins ;) Good luck running after them...soon soon!
Michelle...I can't say the first 4 months or so were great on sleep but not bad considering the last month or so of pregnant sleep with twins is no good either hehe But I def don't feel sleep deprived now.
Cam...yes I will need lots of luck and running shoes I think ;)
Post a Comment