In case you've ever wondered...twins will get commented on every time you go out. I wouldn't say I ever get sick of people adoring my kiddos...what's not to adore right? But it does somewhat get old to hear and answer the same "twin" questions over and over. A few memorable ones have been..."Oh you have twins" and someone in the same group as this person "are they the same age?" (huh? yes...they are twins after all). And then yesterday a little girl about 3 or 4 years old asked her mom, "why does she have two babies?" Okay so some of the attention is fun and I'm sure that it will diminish as they get older.
Also it is a lot of fun to see them interact and see their personalities were/are different so early...even from week one. Seren is still our social butterfly. She loves people. She will smile and "talk" to just about anyone. Kendall on the other hand is slower to warm up. She loves to smile at her dad and Grandma Draper and she warms up to me pretty easy now. Can you imagine a baby who is/was slow to smile and giggle for mom? It happened. They also like to lay by each other and smile, coo and reach out. Kendall will grab at Seren and Seren will smile at it, until she finds her movement restrained by Kendall's grip. I usually put them at arm's length so that accidental eye gouging or scratches don't occur. Although now they often have wiggled closer when I've been out of the room for a few minutes. They reach out for each other's hands and sometimes will (I'm sure not 100% purposefully) hold hands. It really is such a treat to have twins and see this interaction everyday. It's no wonder that twins are ahead of the curve for social interaction.
2 comments:
Twins certainly DO cause excitement don't they? Most of the attention that they garnered slowed down by the time they were 1 1/2. We now only get occasional comments now. The fun with their interaction (at least for me) keeps growing and growing. Now (at almost 2) they chase eachother around the house. They make each other laugh. They bring each other things (we are working on the actual sharing part! I hope each day you can see the fun of the two of them!! ('cuz that's what keeps you going! :D)
I will have to remember that sage advice as they get bigger. I can only imagine how you handle two toddlers running around :)
Post a Comment