I stopped taking my HRT (hormone replacement) a couple weeks ago. I had some issues with breakthrough periods...most likely from not replacing patches and forgetting them because of how stressed I've been lately. I decided to stop taking the HRT for a while and get a fresh start in a month or so. I also don't know what I will do with HRT since I will be quitting my job next week and insurance will be an issue.
The thing that bothers me is that I feel fine still. Most women with POF go off of HRT and they start feeling like crap and having hot flashes and such. I didn't have signs when POF struck me (besides missing periods) and I don't seem to be having issues now. My joints are a little more achey but I don't know if that's a symptom or just a random thing. It just is irritating...I almost wish I felt more crappy off of HRT because I feel like then it would be more concrete that something is wrong with my body. But instead on the outside I am seemingly normal...despite having mixed up and menopausal level hormones going on inside my body.
No comments:
Post a Comment